JollyRomance in 10 Seconds
- The dating site has been around for over five years and sees 150K+ visitors monthly
- JollyRomance connects young Slavic women with Western men
- Live chat and emails are the primary means of communication
- Members can exchange virtual and real gifts
- Registration is free, and new members get 20 bonus credits
- People interested in foreign cultures and dating
- Singles looking for cross-border romance
- Men and women comfortable with long-distance relationships
- Singles looking for casual affairs and no-strings-attached relationships
- Men and women seeking instant sources
JollyRomance Free Trial
You don’t have to believe anyreviews, as you can test the online dating platform for free. Registration and initial profile setup will take around ten minutes, though you can skip most questions at signup and fill in the personal details later. Aside from access to free features, which are many, you’ll also get 20 JollyRomance free credits to spend on testing paid functionality, like live chat, photo messages, or emails. You’ll also get an offer to purchase 20 additional credits at 70% off ($2.99 instead of $9.99). If you like what you see and decide to stick around, you’ll need to buy more credits at full price.
By the way, registration doesn’t require credit card details, so your bank account remains 100% safe until you decide to give JollyRomance a try.
Get Welcome Bonus
Try For Free
As a part of the Victoria Brides network of dating sites,entered the international online dating market in 2017. It sees over 150K monthly visits, and while most female members come from Russia, male users are represented by Americans, Canadians, and Brits. The latter face a pretty stiff competition, as there are four men for every lady. On the bright side, most girls are under 35.
Profiles are arguably the best thing about the JollyRomance dating site. Most come with at least a handful of public photos, though in my experience, active ladies have at least ten photos, and some share dozens. Besides, the bottom of each profile page features the latest posts, similar to an Instagram feed.
Moreover, dedicated daters can have their profiles verified, and I found that most ladies have blue check marks in their accounts. That meansverified their name, marital status, and appearance. As a result, the number of fake profiles is minimal. Even if you stumble across suspicious-looking profiles, you can always block and report them.
My only complaint about profile quality is the lack of personal details. At best, you get a short paragraph and a few tidbits about character, interests, and hobbies. As well as partner preferences. I’d have preferred to learn more about ladies before contacting them, considering each minute of live chat is worth 2 credits.
Testing free and paid features was among the main objectives of myreview. So, I took my time exploring the platform and taking note of all the exciting and promising tools and potential pitfalls to help you enjoy the former and avoid the latter. Here’s what I learned.
Whenever I register on a new online dating website, I test all the features available for free. JollyRomance had a lot in store for me, including:
- Profile access — All active profiles are available via the search tab, and you can browse all personal details except for private photos.
- Search — It’s limited to age, gender, and country preferences, though you can filter for online and favorite users.
- Newsfeed — The feed is full of recent photo posts, so it looks like Instagram, but better because you know all users are eager for romance.
- People — You can like or skip random profiles if the standard search feature doesn’t work for you.
- Likes — Adding profiles to favorites will help you keep track of the ladies you’d like to contact once you purchase credits.
- Customer support — The Help Center holds answers to common questions, as well as a request form, though you can also contact the support team via [email protected].
The variety of free tools on puts many online dating sites to shame, especially if you’re a visual person like me and enjoy browsing photos of gorgeous ladies. Knowing I could contact any of them to flirt was incentive enough for me to purchase credits.
Once I upgraded to a premium membership and purchased credits, I got access to more communication tools, including:
- Live chat — A classic online dating tool is priced at 2 credits per minute and comes with built-in stickers (5 credits) and default messages to help you start a conversation.
- Mail — Email format can be pretty unusual but useful for people with busy schedules. Letters cost 30 credits, except for the first one, which is 10 credits.
- Private photo access — You will be able to view private photos of all ladies who respond to your messages in live chat or email. No extra charges are required.
- Photo and video messages — Available both in live chat and emails, photos cost 10 credits each, while video messages are 50 credits. I recommend only opening media attachments from girls you’re really interested in to keep your expenses low.
- Virtual gifts — Virtual tokens of affection cost from 32 to 4,990 credits and can be an affordable way to show your appreciation.
- Present delivery — There’s a variety of standard options, like chocolate and flowers, as well as electronics and jewelry, with prices ranging from 799 to 17,599 credits. Delivery can take up to 14 days.
- Contact details request — I didn’t get a chance to test it, but you can supposedly request a lady’s contact information for free after spending 3,000 credits on other communication tools.
I appreciated a classic take on the online dating experience, and the addition of new features, like present delivery, makes me believe will only keep getting better. So, while I wish video chat was an option, I consider video and audio messages a solid compromise, especially with the reasonable rates.
Let’s now translate the cost of those premium features into dollars. The current JollyRomance rates are:
I’ve seen somedating site reviews complaining about the cost, but it all comes down to your spending pattern. For example, you can burn through $150 by watching 15 videos in a day, or you could buy yourself over six hours of live chat, which could last you a month.
Ease of use
The Jolly Romance dating site is intuitive and comfortable, even if you’re new to online dating. Registration was a breeze, and so was the profile setup, which I chose to complete at signup. Beyond that,was easy to navigate, and there were helpful tips everywhere to remind me of the cost of different features.
The only thing that would’ve made my experience better is a mobile app. Without it, I had to resort to a mobile interface, which wasn’t too bad, or to keep my flirting to a laptop, which wasn’t always comfortable.