La-Date in 10 Seconds
- One of the most popular sites in the Latin segment of the dating market, with over 1.5 million monthly visits
- Members from the Dominican Republic, Colombia, Argentina, Brazi, Mexico, UK, US, Canada, Australia
- A freemium website where members buy credits and can control their spending
- A free version of the platform and welcome bonuses are available, too
- Special features make it work not just like a standard dating site but like a social media site, too
- Users who’d like to meet new people from different countries and enjoy cross-cultural communication
- People who are considering finding a foreign partner, for example, men looking for Latin girlfriends
- Singles seeking all types of romantic relationships
- Those who’d like to use a completely free dating site
- Singles who want to date locally
- People interested in casual encounters and nothing but them
La-Date Free Trial
Every adult user can join thewebsite for free. Registration usually takes up to 15 minutes, and there’s no need to provide your payment information, address, or phone number. A user who sets up an account is redirected to the Search page right after the registration is complete. Access to profiles, winks, likes, and favorites, as well as all types of searches, are free. Also, when a new member goes to the Credits page, they’ll see that they’ve already received 20 free credits, which can be spent just like additionally purchased credits. When a new member decides to top up their balance, they can get their first credit package with a discount.
Get Welcome Bonus
Try For Free
is an international dating website. Still, though it’s supposed to work for everyone, all members fall under the two main categories—Latin users and users from all other countries, mostly from the United States, UK, Canada, and Australia. Now, the site has over a million registered members and has high activity rates—it gets 1.5 million visits monthly on average. The male-to-female ratio is now around 65% to 35%, which is better than on most other similar dating platforms.
So, profiles on thedating websites are quite detailed. It’s not that easy to find at least some low-effort personal pages—in most cases, you see a genuine profile with photos, detailed descriptions, and sometimes videos.
Here’s how it works—a member shares some basic information like the purpose of using La-Date.com, education, marital status, habits, etc., and writes a bio (which is usually the most interesting part). In most cases, users share multiple photos, some of which are always public. Private albums get unlocked only after you start a conversation with a member, and you’ll need to spend extra credits on watching profile videos, which, of course, is optional.
More importantly, most members have blue verification badges next to their profile photos, and that, in turn, means that they’ve verified their identities by uploading videos and copies of their documents.
All features of the La-Date dating website fall under two main groups- free features and paid services. I was using both free and paid versions of the site and categorized all the services. If you consider using La-Date.com, read the information below carefully to avoid surprises of any kind.
As a free member, I could use the following La-Date features:
- Profile customization. All members can change information on their profiles at any time, add photos, write bios and headlines, etc. There are no restrictions for standard users and no special perks for paying members.
- Accessing profiles. I could browse as many profiles as I wanted, being a free user. Unlike some other websites, the La-Date dating site doesn’t make you pay to see full-size photos, but again, watching videos isn’t free.
- Standard search & the People feature. There’s an opportunity to search for matches by certain criteria, and there’s the swiping feature that works pretty much like on any mainstream dating app.
- Winks, likes, and favorites. On , you can’t save your search results or sets of filters, but you can create a list of favorites. Winks and likes, in turn, are free features to let someone know you might be interested in a conversation.
- Customer support. The team works pretty fast—I could fill in the form on the site and receive an email from Support La-Date.com in just a few hours.
Though there are free features that let free members learn more about the site and how it works, you still can’t use the best communication tools until you get some credits.
Currently, paid features are as follows:
- Instant messaging & Mails. Both features are paid, but each may be more or less cost-effective for a particular user. It depends on what you prefer: instant texting or long and meaningful emails. Sending short Mails on doesn’t make much sense, while using chat to write long love letters isn’t rational either.
- Watching profile videos. I personally believe that watching a video makes sense only if you really like someone and want to make sure this person is real and looks exactly like in profile photos.
- Sending photos, videos, and stickers. Media file exchange is available, too, and it works pretty well, but sending pictures or videos will cost you some extra credits.
- Sending virtual and real gifts. Virtual gifts are much cheaper and may be effective for a user who wants to get the attention of someone really attractive, but sending real gifts is rather the service for people who are already dating.
It’s a good set of features overall. Some of them may be more or less effective for a particular user—it’s all about developing your own strategy.
When you sign up, you automatically get 20 free credits. Once a member runs out of them, they can buy more, and now the costs are as follows:
isn’t cheap, but it’s not one of the most expensive sites in this segment of the market either. I’ve purchased the most expensive package just because, in fact, it’s the cheapest one, but if you’re a newcomer, I’d recommend buying fewer credits first just to make sure the site works for you. Also, choosing favorite tools and not using too expensive features allows controlling spending and cutting costs significantly.
Ease of Use
is a modern and intuitive website. If you’ve never been using any of the dating sites or even social networking sites, it may take time to get used to the system, but in all other cases, you’re likely to understand how it works in less than an hour. All the main features are accessible with 1-2 clicks from the Main Menu, and there are tips next to every single button on the site and a tutorial for new users, so you’ll hardly experience any difficulty with finding matches, contacting people, and using other services on La-Date.